Hydraulic Breakers have been used in a range of sectors since the 1960s. Incremental changes in design have been made during this time but these have not led to major advancements in performance… until now.
Our ROCKHIT brings new levels of innovation and engineering; challenging conventional design concepts to create a high impact low frequency breaker with exceptional performance, environmental advantages, reduced maintenance and a unique shock absorption system to cut the risk of damage to the carrier. The ROCKHIT has been independently verified by Nprime Ltd using instrumentation calibrated against UKAS accredited standards.
1. Blow Energy is 3.5 times greater in comparison to a conventional hammer of equivalent size to enable very efficient breaking. (the video below shows a 1200 kg hammer developing 6500 J)
2. Noise levels are much lower with allowable exposure times being more than 5 times higher.
3. Initial testing has shown up to half the input power is required resulting in fuel savings and reduced carbon emissions.
4. Shock Absorbing is incorporated with tests showing that the shock loads have the same magnitude but with far less frequency.
5. The hammer operates with a greaseless system.
6. Actuation is not possible until pressure is applied to the tool, minimising blank fires.
7. A shock absorbing system is also incorporated to absorb any unforeseen blank fires.
8. A water spray system can be fitted to reduce dust.